Monday 12 January 2009

you two manipulative rats!!

This afternoon i went in for perio with an expectation that my patient won't turn up. A Chinese patient.

The reason being he didn't reply my message nor pick up his phone. An early sign of DNA.Woohoo!!

Hence I didn't bother to set up the bay, just waiting to be signed off and at the same time, talking to happy helen whose partner was 'ill', permitting her to an afternoon off.

But very unlucky for her. I had to snatch her brief joy when I suddenly caught a glimpse of my patient in the waiting room...arghhh..frankly, i also felt robbed of my happiness for a moment.
Since my clinical partner was nursing somebody else, poor helen had to take over his place. Still pouting, we rushed to set the bay up and start the treatment. Thank goodness, it was a short one!

''so your next appointment will be in two weeks which is on the .....26th Jan,'' i reminded my patient b4 he went off.

''It's Chinese New Year!" Helen squealed with eyes wide open.

Splat!
How could i forget that???

"err.. you sure you wanna come in on the first day of Chinese New Year?'' i looked at his hesitant face, hoping he would say no.

"It's a Chinese superstition that going to hospital on CNY should be avoided but it's ok, my teeth are more important,''

''Actually it's up to you whether you want an appointment on CNY or a later date. It's a good news for both you and me if you cant make it. But like i said, it's your decision. I cant cancel the appointment for you until you say so,''i tried to hint that he should call it off. Dude, it's CNY!

My attempt was in vain as he insisted to choose scaling over CNY
I turned to Helen, with a disappointed look.

"Are you gonna have a CNY party?'' Helen changed the topic

"Yea..we are gonna have a big party on the 25th and count down to CNY,'' his face lit up suddenly

"Wow..you will be staying up all night and drinking then..Maybe you should take a rest on the next day and save yourself the pain of having to come to dentist on CNY,'' Helen's suggestion made my patient hesitate again

"Yea yea..i might be too drunk to wake up the next day...i'll probably have to cancel the appointment then,'' we all laughed, for different reasons obviously.

He might be laughing at the idea of getting hangover on CNY but helen and i were laughing for our moment of triumph. Our dirty little trick! Woot!!

Cheers to Helen for the early CNY pressie :D

2 comments:

h.3.l.3.n said...

haha we wont know yet!!! wait and see our 'manipulation' got hasil or not!

a*hui said...

having dec in the morning of CNY is sad enough so i think i deserve an afternoon off..haha