Monday 6 July 2009

Dear patient

Today, my pros patient didn't turn up for his appointment.

A key appointment that determines whether i have to start all over again or i can draw a big smile on his face, perhaps more on mine.

A 50/50 gamble

I'm not sure if i should be relieved that he saved me from having to face the risk of redoing the whole or maybe half of the procedures
or rather, annoyed that i didn't get the chance to find out the answer to my unsettling question

"Call him!''
an automatic response you get whenever your patient is late or hasn't shown up yet

I wish i could! I really do!!

Helen deciphered the pain in my face

"Ooooh your patient doesn't have a phone!!!!!!"

thanks for understanding me

One thing about my pros patients, they are not only senior but also live primitive
they don't have phones at home, let alone a cell phone
so the only way to inform them of their appointment is sending them an appointment card
whether or not they can make it, you wont find out until the day of the appointment..damn!

In order to live through this 'inconvenience', I've learned to confirm their future appointments on the day i see them, write down the dates on their card, verbally remind them countless times like a nagging mom since i can't call them up. Otherwise, my session would be at stake if they forget. This method has worked so well for this particular pros patient until today.

it feels like a kite with a broken string now

ooh well oooh well
the worst is yet to come

another pros patient of mine is holding grudge against me, for not seeing her a while (that's another grandma story)

my long-lost cons patient changed her contacts without any notice

How to get hold of her???

"Send her an appointment card!'' the mighty super brain Sultan replied spontaneously

Again???!!!! GeeeeeeeeZ!

so here it goes.....

Dear patient,

Phones were invented for a reason. So, get yourself a house phone/cell phone or at least give me a number that i can call, either your neighbour's or whoever's, PLEASE!

Your unpaid dentist

*snort*

2 comments:

h.3.l.3.n said...

i like ur thoughtfulness of giving ur number so that they can At Least borrow their neighbour's phone. perhaps u shud add a note 'Go Borrow a Phone & At least Misscall me for me to call u back! Dont want to spend on Dental Treatment & Phones!! Cheapskate!'

a*hui said...

HAHAHA...no hope of hearing from them at all if i include that

why do we always get those funny patients??? why???