Tuesday 18 November 2008

Lucky Tuesday


Be careful what you wish for coz it might come true


A cliche? Maybe

Like a picture, a good cliche is worth 1000 words sometimes

I got up early feeling energised this morning...i guess i had a good start for DEC yesterday so i kinda looked forward to my second day of DEC

My first patient was a pregnant woman who complained of pain on her wisdom tooth. There was a big cavity on the tooth and she could hardly open her mouth due to the tormenting pain. As a routine, i did the history and examination, presented to tutor and then sent the patient down to x-ray department. I was already warned by the tutor that the tooth was not salvageable and the x-ray was needed to see the root morphology.

Yay! Extraction for today!!!

Dun ask me why i love extraction so much.

But, to my dismay the patient had to be referred to Oral Surgery coz it was a wisdom tooth extraction which might involve minor oral surgery.

Sightly upset and disappointed, i turned to Helen, telling her that i wanted to do an extraction. At least something different from the first day.
One minute i was whining, the next minute Dr Leung handed me a patient's note and said,'' Since you've just sent your patient away, here's another one for you. It's also an extraction!"

*cough cough* I hope she didn't hear what i jz told Helen.

............................................................................................................................................................

This afternoon my group had cons session. Karn was the dentist so it was practically a chill-out for me. Apart from running up and down the stairs several times ( 4th floor to 1st floor and back up), i just spaced out most of the time. That's what a dental nurse does..ooops!

During the treatment, Karn and I talked about RCT(Root Canal Therapy). Both of us had a patient who needs a Re-RCT which is basically a re-treatment. To be honest, I'm quite reluctant to do the re-treatment as it's more complicated and the risk of failure is higher than the primary treatment. So, i told him it would be nice to get a simple rct case and yet, meet the requirement for endodontics.

It was only 5 min or less after i made that remark, Dr. Swati appeared all of a sudden and asked if anyone needs/wants an RCT patient.
Right away, Karn looked at me. Gobsmacked and speechless, i nodded my head faintly.

"When you've got a minute come and speak to me.We'll discuss with the patient what to do next."She walked off with a contented smile, like a math geek just found a solution to a complex problem.

I later on found out that the patient needs an RCT on the upper left 5 which is a SIMPLE RCT as i wished!!

Did my horoscope say that today is my day?!?!

sigh...I should have wished for more ...perhaps a free lifetime starbucks coffee voucher, a walk-in wardrobe or a lottery ticket worth 1 million!!!

Wasted!



5 comments:

h3l3n said...

haha seems that things really turned out unexpectedly well for both of us today~~~

xxx said...

I believe the secret to happyness is to be contented with little things in life. Wishing for something grand, you might just spend your whole life pursuing in misery. Agree? :)

a*hui said...

helen: Your tues was damn dramatic wif work being canceled n endo pt dna..haha..btw, what should we do with the present?? LOL

xxx: Grand wishes can be a good mood lift, though unrealistic. I dun necessarily have to pursue or possess them but i'm already happy by simply thinking about them :)

ashieBee said...

ahuiiiiii~!!! whenever i listen to the miss no good ost, i sangat sedeyyyy :(( that song sound sooo sad. eventhough i dont understand its meaning la kannnn... he he he.

a*hui said...

wan me to translate for u? haha
basically the lyrics reflect the yearning of Xiao Hua for breaking free of loneliness and being together with Tang Men at all costs. Did d/l you d/l the show or stream online?Floyer conncetion sucks..somemore my disk space is running low so i haven't watched the last 2 episodes....arghh