Friday 28 November 2008

Never been so lucky


i had been in a stupor
before and after i collected my result

I flicked through my patient's notes without comprehending what i was reading
the words seemed jumbled up in my mind, not making any sense

I didn't pay attention when my tutor was talking

"What are you doing today?" he peered at me indifferently through his square glasses
"Yea. I've got a patient at 11 o'clock,'' words slipped out of my mouth like a pre-recorded answer
"So what are you doing today?"he repeated in a colder tone
"Ohhh..ermm..probably fissure sealant and topical fluoride,'' i suddenly regained my senses, as if i have just been concussed

Not a good start to the day

After the patient left, i stared at the notes with a pen in my hand, having trouble recalling what i just did. The only words reverberated in my mind were 'result', 'R 240', '1.15pm' and 'doom'.

i went down to the lab, hoping to preoccupy myself with some lab work before getting my result. Then i met Helen there. We decided to face our fear together so we went back up to second floor, R240. We saw some of our course mates holding a piece of A4 sized sheet and smiling in relief at the walkway.

Ouch!
Dunno why but it hurt when i saw those happy faces. It haunted me that i might not be walking out with the same kind of face.

Oddly enough, it didn't seem to take a minute to collect my result slip but it took me yonks to pick up the courage and open it. Being braver than me, Helen read her slip line by line slowly, then looked up with unconcealed glee.

"Open it!i have a feeling we both have the same thing!!" She gave me a reassured look

Feeling paralysed, i slipped my shaking fingers into the envelop and withdrew the paper.

My eyes ran over every word again and again, trying to savour it slowly and make sure i wasn't hallucinating.

Section A, result : Pass
Section B, result : Pass
Result at Part 3 : Pass with Distinction

Ohhhh Myyyy Gawddddddddddd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Once again, i entered a phase of extreme bewilderment.

Speechless and reaction-less!!

Should i just.......scream??



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats!

ashieBee said...

amoi, not lucky la. u deserved it!! serious shit ok :)) congratulations dear. now u cannnn watch series for another 10 months then it's back to revision for part 4. he he he

**hugs**